Friday, May 9, 2008

How Much Do I Love Thee? Mostly When You're Gone....

I went to Muffins With Mom at Day Care today. It was, truly, the sweetest thing I've ever done. I was so excited. When I got there they had a little breakfast area set up with muffins and juice, and the tiny little tables (bad day to pick out a skirt and boots). The walls were all decorated with "mom" themed kid-artwork. The Boy's class had done a "I love my Mommy because..." poster. They were supposed to answer that question and the teacher wrote the answer and signed their names (being as they're 2 and can't do this themselves). Anyway, what did the Boy respond, you ask? "I love my mommy because..."

Boy: "She goes to Big Girl School." What!?! All the other kids had "She sleeps with me" "she snuggles me" and my kid loves me because I drop him off and work for 40 hours? Well, so be it. It's still an adorable, original response.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for your comment and support at this time...i'm really freaked out.

Anonymous said...

C'mon. Maybe he has sooo much fun at his school that he wants to keep going. Maybe he realizes that if you didn't' go to "Big Girl School" then he wouldn't get to go to his school. Maybe he knows that if you realize that he likes going then he'll get to keep going.

Wow. You sure have a genius on your hands! All that the other kids could think of is "snuggles with me" answers. hehe