Wednesday, February 13, 2008

You Always Hurt the Ones You Love

I feel like I need to get a stage, plant the Boy on it, and charge admission. He's been a regular comedian (unbeknownst to him) lately:

The kid gets diaper rash often and he's onto us with the diaper cream. Gets royally ticked when he sees that tube come out of the cabinet and makes it darn near impossible to slather the cream on his red little butt. We could store it in a 2 gallon jug and he'd still sniff it out and go bezerk. So last night, we're going through the whole process, daddy puts the cream on, pulls his pants up and he's standing there crying holding his bottom. Saddest little face ever. I said, "What's hurting you?" - fully expecting him to retort "my tooter" - but instead he says, in the smallest little voice, "HIM!" and points to his dad.

No comments: