Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Soccer Suckers

Daddy and I were very excited to enroll our not-quite-three year old into a soccer program. He was supposed to be 3 but since he's big for his age, and very sports-oriented, we thought this would be perfect for him (the kid can already drop-kick the soccer ball). It wasn't cheap (frankly, I would have bagged the whole idea if Daddy wasn't more excited than The Boy about this). We talked about it to The Boy, got him all excited, Daddy went out and bought him a cool new soccer jersey to wear on his first day (yes, we are those parents). We couldn't wait to hear how it went.

Us: "How was soccer today!?!?"

Boy: "I don't like soccer."

Us: "Why?"

Boy: "Because I cried."

Let me assure you that we are not going to force our kids to play sports if they don't want to. But I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a wee bit disappointed in the fact he wasn't more excited about this! I thought he'd love it! Anyway, I emailed the instructors who told me that he was a little shy but that they see this all the time. It's a once-a-week program so we'll see how next week goes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did he like it this week?