Thursday, June 19, 2008

Misc. Goings-On

The Boy has started using logic to fight battles with me. This seems to have happened overnight. Just yesterday it seems like I was struggling to understand him and today we're having regular conversations and now he's trying to outsmart me.

I told him to pick up his toys and he replied, "It doesn't matter." I said, "Yes, it does matter" to which he replied "It matters to you." I couldn't argue with that. But he still had to pick up his toys. And speaking of which, I found out that if I tell him to pick up his toys and he doesn't do it, I bribe him with a Popsicle. If that still doesn't work, I eat one right in front of him. That works. Genius if you're into bribery and/or Popsicles, of which I am both.

On another note, I have started my three week "vacation" between jobs. It's amazing how much one can get done in a day with no work but I still can't figure out how I manage to get to work on time every day. Oddly, I can't get the kids to their respective day cares until after 9 on the two days I dropped them off (I am paying for it after all, so I may as well use it. Plus, I don't want them to forget their caretakers).

And BTW, the Boy is no longer a soccer player. After hearing all week "I don't like soccer", and fighting with him on Monday to get him into his soccer "uniform" (he won..he did not wear it) the day care facility forgot to send him out for the session this week. I was sort of peeved about that, but figured it's a sign. We'll try again next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like I should have read the end of this before I asked the soccer question. He's so you!

Anonymous said...

Bribe with a Popsicle? Not sure I like that one. Eat it in front of them. Awesome.

Around here, it's one of two things. Clean up or the toys go into time out. But lately it's even better. Clean up or I send out the Roomba to eat it all. Toy cleanup is always fastest when faced with the Roomba threat.