Monday, April 7, 2008

We're Back With Sanity Intact

The trip was fantastic! The travel wasn't as bad as I was anticipating (isn't the anxiety always worse than the actual event?) and we had so much fun. It was sunny, the kids were great and The Boy and his cousin were the best of friends. In fact, when we called tonight, he asked to speak to her. Let's see..we did the Alamo, the River Walk, ate Mexican (my favorite), seafood, and sushi. I had a couple of margaritas, and we stayed put the right amount of time too. The flight home got a little dicey with the kids but all-in-all, it was a non-event, I am very happy to report.

The baptism provided some interesting stories: I was the Godmother so I wasn't able to keep the leash on the Boy. The hubby was taking pictures so he had his hands tied too. Well, the Boy and his cousin were, literally, running all over the church during the entire service. They were on the Altar (big no-no), behind it, in "the bathtub", drinking the holy water (yes, very disgusting but what's a girl to do)... at one point (now this was just too cute to be annoyed by), they were walking up the aisle holding hands, and trying to walk out of the church. The Boy turned around and said "We're leaving". The good thing was is that we laughed about it in the parking lot (rather than cried).

The Girl had her 9 month appointment today: 40th percentile on weight, 90th on height, and 90th on head. She's gone down again in the weight percentile but the Doc said we needn't worry. So I won't.

No comments: