Like all households with two small tykes, bath time in our house is chaos, especially when Daddy's not home to help. Like tonight.
When I was undressing the female child, The Boy decided to dump the entire bottle of bubbles into the tub. While fun, and had I been prepared a good picture opportunity, it was just one more mess I really didn't need to clean up. The point of this story thus far is that I was tired, ready to get bath time finished, the kids ready for bed, etc., etc., etc.
So, you can imagine how pissed off I was when I stepped out of the room for a split second and upon my return The Boy said to me, while stark naked, "Mommy, I went potty in the tub." He hadn't been in the tub yet, he was holding his particulars, so all signs were pointing to the irritating fact that he had aimed at the target, shot, and fired.
I said "you pottied in the tub?!?!" he said "yes", but still headed for the toilet which struck me as odd. As I was contemplating whether or not he had the ability to stop midstream, he said "I was just kidding you." WHA!??!?!?!?! Really!? Dumbfounded and thinking "Surely, there's pee in the tub and now I have to empty and disinfect" (not to mention there's no more bubbles) he said, "Mommy, I was joking."
I don't know where he learns these types of tactics but he's definitely got humor. I could not be more proud. Game on Boy. Game on.
What's up with Our Oldest?
18 years ago

1 comment:
LOL. Good for you for having a sense of humor about all of it. I would have gone ballistic. "No more bubbles in the bathtub. You wasted them all! Do you think it's funny to make me freak out about you peeing in the tub?"
Just kidding. Sort of. If I knew she was joking, I probably would have been okay with it. I think.
Post a Comment